In addition to the environmental benefits, light gauge/ Cold-formed steel offers other benefits that are appealing to every homeowner. For instance:
- Lower maintenance costs
- Decreased utility bills
- Higher resale value
- Fire resistance
- Mold free
- Pest/termite free
- Weather resistant
- 100 % recyclable/ sustainable
Providing a Competitive Edge:
The Many Advantages to light gauge/ cold formed steel framing give the builders of the contractor an edge over the competition such as:
- Consistent Material Costs: Light gauge/ cold-formed steel framing is constantly available which means little fluctuation in price. In fact, cold-formed steel often cost less than lumber.
- Consistence Quality: Light gauge/ cold formed steel enjoy uniform manufacturing tolerances. Cold-formed steel is always dimensionally correct and does not contain the knots, twists, or warps commonly found in wooden framing materials.
- Greater strength: Light gauge/ cold-formed steel components with same outside dimensions as their wooden counterparts are lower in bulk and provide greater strength for many applications. The inherent strength of steel also usually translates into a need for fewer members and in many cases smaller members. For example steel strength for tension is about twenty times stronger than the most wood species.
- Design Flexibility:
A variety of products thickness, size and arrangement of light gauge/ cold-formed steel members enable engineers to meet big verity of owner demand for bigger and larger open space. Also, Light gauge/ cold formed steel can go higherthan wood. Five and six stories high are common with light gauge/ cold formed steel framing.
- Ease of Installation: Light gauge/ cold-formed steel framing installed quickly. The components of a lightweight, steel-framed assembly, including studs, track, joists, etc., can be assembled quickly and easily into prefabricate panels or assemblies.
- Time and Cost Saving: Light gauge/ cold-formed steel framing installed quickly. The components of a lightweight, steel-framed assembly, including studs, track, joists, etc., can be assembled quickly and easily into prefabricate panels or assemblies.